Wednesday, September 27, 2006

time with God

I spent an hour with God this morning, travelling through the book of Matthew. At the end of the hour I was feeling like I was actually hearing the audible voice of Jesus.

Of course, listening to the Bible through your iPod will do that to you!

I didn’t really set out to spend time with God this morning. I had made no agreement with Him that we would meet in this way. I didn’t even start with prayer. My attention wasn’t even wholly focussed on the message either, and many parts were drowned out by the close passing of big, fast, trucks.

But cycling to work (for the first time in a long while) God decided to join me. Weather he started out at the same time as me and I just didn’t notice, or if He decided to join me halfway I’m not sure, but at the end of it He was definitely there.

No pearls of wisdom do I have for you however, as this was more of a personal experience, and my method of Bible study doesn’t allow for some essential aspects.

You see, the Word was made new to me as it surrounded me in the auditory sense, Scripture jumped out and made me think, but cycling along some of South Auckland's busiest roads didn’t allow me to make notes.

I’m just gonna have to allow those little nuggets of truth reside in the far reaches of my subconscious until they are required, and the hopefully they will come forward in abundance.

No comments:

LinkWithin