Thursday, November 16, 2006

aimee wins cross country



Aimee's school had their annual cross country race this morning, so I departed from work in sunny Airport Oaks and made my way south to Papakura South, where the rain clouds were forming. Rain clouds were a bad sign as I was in shorts and t-shirt.

Oh well, it wouldn't rain that hard would it?

But rain aside, Aimee was in the junior girls race, and she stared out pretty well, getting to the front of the group before one of her shoes came flying off. This threw her slightly but i encouraged her to keep going so she used her next stride to kick the other shoe off and make her way back to the front.

About half way round she was back in the lead and won with a convincing margin, and enough energy to have done a couple more laps.

On the way back to work I dropped by home to put on a dry t-shirt.

Aimee, you rock.

2 comments:

sewfunky said...

I'm really proud of our girl too! :D

a cession-ite said...

Go Aimee!

Jacob.

PS: I hope you remembered to grab the shoes afterwards???

LinkWithin