Thursday, March 09, 2006

Philippians 4:6-7

Don’t worry, be happy. Well, not quite, but that’s the soppy Dayspring card version.

Don’t worry, pray about everything, be thankful and you’ll find peace. Real peace. God’s peace.

In other words, when we give our selves wholly to God, God gives himself wholly to us. Wow, what a trade. God gets all my worries and insecurities and I get his peace, love and understanding.

Of course it’s not that easy. I don’t want to give Him quite everything, but I still want everything in return. What is it with human nature that keeps us from quite fully grasping the prize?

Why am I always so reluctant, or is it just forgetfulness and slumber? I mean, look at this blog. It’s a record of my Bible reading and quite time with God. Sure, it’s not the whole of my time with God, but it is my attempt to have some regularity with it. To try some discipline. To get closer to God. And yes, I’m enjoying it, so why don’t I make it every day?

Hopefully it’s just early days and over time I will get better, I will start to love getting out of bed early and giving the first part of my day to God. It’s not that I don’t love it now, I just don’t do it that often.

No comments:

LinkWithin