Friday, January 11, 2008

There Will Be Blood

I’m a lucky man; not only am I married to the most wonderful woman in the world, but because of my involvement with FilmGuide I get to go out with this wonderful woman to numerous movies.

Last night was one such nigh. We saw There Will Be Blood. I’m still forming my thought on the movie and the more I think about it, the more I like it.

The interesting thing is that the movie is normally the main event of any give night, but this night was going to be different.

On the way home from the movie, we dropped by to have dessert with 5 friends. Dessert turned into dinner and dessert, along with some very nice wine.

The short time spent with our friends turned out to be the best part of the evening. They are some of the most genuine, generous and just damn nice people I know.

Because of the good time we had with these friends, the movie seemed like it was only the entrée, spending time with friends was the main course, and our awesome babysitter was a fantastic dessert.

Yes, a very special mention to our babysitter, who originally expected us home at 8.00 but then we pushed that back to 9.00, and only managed to get home after 10.00pm.

A good movie, great friends, all made possible because another great friend is willing to look after our little tribe of kids.

I hope you found someone to give those chocolates too!

No comments:

LinkWithin